We’re sharing one of our favorite summer time treats to help you enjoy the last few weeks of this warm New England weather. Chef Paul is granting access to one of his signature recipes – Key Lime Cheesecake. We serve the dessert with a White Chocolate Mousse, a Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Candied Lime Zest. To top off the dish, a drizzle of Sweet Key Lime Sauce is added.
Key Lime Cheesecake
- 2 teaspoons of Key Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tablespoons Whole Egg, beaten
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- In a stand mixer bowl, with the paddle attachment, combine and mix well cream lime juice, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Add in sour cream, heavy cream, egg, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour.
- Mix well to thoroughly incorporate ingredients.
- Grease 4, 4 ounce aluminum baking cups.
- Pour equal amounts of cheesecake batter into each greased baking cup.
- Place filled baking cups into a pan, add water into pan to fill up to 1/3 the height of the baking cups.
- Place cheesecakes into pre-heated oven. Cover pan and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once cheesecakes are cooked through (inserted wooden toothpick would come out clean), uncover pan. Remove cheesecakes from water bath, and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate uncovered to finish cooling process.
Key Lime Simple Syrup Sauce
- 4 ounces Key Lime Juice
- 4 ounces Water
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- In a small sauce pot, combine and mix well the key lime juice, water, and sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Reduce key lime simple syrup to medium nape consistency.
- Remove from heat and let stand to cool.
- Remove cheesecake from the baking cup.
- Place on desired plate.
- Drizzle 2 ounces of Key Lime Simply Syrup on top of and around Cheesecake.
- Garnish with White Chocolate Mousse and Macadamia Nut Cookie.